Stay safe in the sun
Whether you are at home or abroad, use shade, clothing and at least factor 15 or above sunscreen to protect yourself from sunburn.
Follow this simple advice
- Use at least factor 15 or above sunscreen
- Choose at least factor 15 or above and provides protection against UVA
- Use it generously and regularly to get the right amount of protection
- Apply plenty 15-30 minutes before going out in the sun, and reapply every two hours and straight after swimming and towel-drying
- Cover up with a t-shirt, hat and sunglasses
- Spend time in the shade between 11am and 3pm
The summer sun is most damaging to your skin in the middle of the day. Find shade under umbrellas, trees, canopies or indoors.